Why on earth do I Yahoo! ?!


I have been hearing from the eguy gloomy stories about how emails sent to his users with yahoo ids keep bouncing left and right.. Either Yahoo decides to not accept the perfectly harmless emails, or just sends them to the spam folder.. And believe me you, eguy has tried every trick to pass them through.

Now I myself don't like yahoo mail much.. Its new interface was so crowded I switched back to the old interface. And the old interface does not provide useful features and does not integrate with chat as well as gmail does.. In short, I am in the gmail camp. And I use my yahoo id for backup - mainly for yahoogroups.

Well today, I sent an email, from my yahoo inbox, to a long-existing yahoogroup of which I am the owner, and is moderated by me. Yahoogroup typically sends me an email to approve the email (yeah! even if it is sent by me!). I was waiting for this email. Found it in the spam folder! Why o why, Yahoo??!! Are you suspecting that I am spamming myself, or are you suspecting yourself (yahoogroups) of sending me spam??!!

I am going to think seriously about phasing out my yahoo id..

4 comments:

How do we know said...

me 2 me 2.. that yahoo sucks, i will agree....

Venkat K said...

imagine if Yahoo gets bought by Microsoft. Your woes will multiply. So be happy with what you have got :)

San said...

seems like i jinxed gmail.. it's down for around an hour now!

Dhruva Krishnamurthy said...

Give the new yahoo a try. I find it feature rich and nice. They have very well integrated chat, cleaned up the UI recently and look out for the Yahoo pingbox. That allows anyone to send you a message without having a Yahoo ID. Before you scream "spam!", you need to provide the link and only from that link can they chat with you. Pretty cool I guess. For records, I moved from Gmail camp to Yahoo.