My tribute as well.

In the Outlook Inbox at my work, I keep a folder named "Bouqets and Brickbats". It is a folder where I store all the memorable words - from customers, from colleagues. I reach out to that folder in hours of desperation - when a renewed faith in self and the work ecosystem is need of the hour..

This year in June a very special email made its way to this folder. It merely said "Let me chime and thank you from my side as well. Keep up the great work!" But it was signed - Ranjan.
Ranjan Das - the fabled CEO of SAP India. The face of SAP India, he was leading it boldly from one success peak to another. And Ranjan Das had personally appreciated my work for one of the largest customers of SAP India. Was I proud!

Yesterday Ranjan Das passed away. He had a massive cardiac arrest on the way back from his daily workout. The man was young and he defined the word 'discipline' - ate right, jogged, worked out, ran marathon, did not have any addictions - not even cigarettes! Worked hard, lived his life, motivated his people.

This is just not fair.

1 comment:

The Devil wears Prada said...

Yes, it is not fair...

I payed tribute to Ranjan, in a little manner... I ate 3 chocolate pastries ( horribly calories ridden) ... i guess i was snooking a thumb at life ....